October 5th, 6th and 7th - 2012
Tickets Available at the Gate
Hot Rods and rock music get back to their roots for the annual Chopped Rod & Custom a three-day festival where pre-1965 style custom cars and music fanatics from across Australia roll into Victoria.
Taking place an hour and a half north of Melbourne, Chopped is a unique cultural experience similar to that of being thrown back to a 1950s/60s Hop Up Carnavale. Thousands of fans from around the country partake in a mix of traditional style hot rods & custom cars alongside bobber & chopper motorcycles with entrants running head-to-head throughout the show in two-lane old-style dirt drags entertaining the crowds.
Throughout the day and into the night the crowds constantly switch their attention between the field of dirt drags and cars across to the stage where 15 bands play Rockabilly, Garage & Rock through to Blues, Country & Surf in the setting of the 'Tiki Palace' bar that drops you back into 1960s island life with Cocktails, Tikis, & Period DJ's visually drowned by palms, bamboo and a giant Easter Island Head that lights up the sky at night by popping its top and flaming into the darkness.
CHOPPED ON THE WEB
- + Dirt Drag Racing
- + Vintage Speedway
- + Pre 1965 Traditional Rods & Customs
- + Traditional Style Bobbers & Choppers
- + 18 Live Bands
- + Tiki Palace Bar
- + The Ever Famous 'Chopped DJ's'
- + Hot Rod Artist 'Keith Weesner' of the Burbank Choppers (USA)
- + Mad Fabricators 'Piero De Luca' (USA)
- + Kustom Kulture & Trade Stalls
- + Low Brow Art Show
- + On Site Camping
- + Sunday Boot Sale **For Entrants Only**
- Friday 5th October
- 3.30pm – Humbug
- 5.00pm – Cherrywood
- 6.30pm – The Once Overs
- 8.00pm – Abbie Cardwell & the Chicano Rockers
- 9.30pm – Howlin' Steam Train
- 11.00pm - La Mancha Negra
- Saturday 6th October
- 9.00am – Brett Andrew
- 11.00am – Fraser A. Gorman
- 1.00pm – Charlie Greaser
- 3.00pm – Papa Pilko & The Binrats
- 5.00pm – The Broadside Push
- 6.30pm – Casino Rumblers
- 8.00pm – Glitter Canyon
- 9.30pm – Lanie Lane
- 11.00pm – Frankie Alibi & The Fugitives
- Sunday 7th October
- 9.00am – Adrian Whyte
- 11.00am – Max Savage and the False Idols
- 1.00pm – Chris Russell’s Chicken Walk
RULES OF ENTRY FOR VEHICLES
- + Pre 1965 traditional style rods and customs only
- + No billet wheels or accessories
- + No I.F.S on fenderless cars
- + Customs must be lowered and have a wheel alteration
- + 1960s and earlier mag wheels only
- + Race cars welcome
- + No VWs
- + Volksrods and era correct VW drag cars are welcome
- + Traditional style American and British choppers and bobbers welcome
- + No Patches, No Colours
PRICES and TICKETING
- Weekend Pass with Camping $80.00.
- Weekend Pass $60.00.
- Day Pass $35.00
- TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE GATE
CAMPING and LOCATION
There will be two general camping grounds at Chopped in 2012, ‘Top Camp’ & ‘Bottom Camp’ (Siberia). There will be no division between the camps, both will have a mix of pre ’65 vehicle campers and regular vehicle campers. Both camps will run under the first come first served policy in regards to camping sites. There will be access for campers to both ‘Top Camp’ & ‘Bottom Camp’ from the official gates open & event open time of 9am, Friday the 5th of Oct. It is expected that ‘Top Camp’ will fill up to capacity on the Friday, once this occurs ‘Top Camp’ will be closed and all new arrivals will be directed to ‘Bottom Camp’.
Please note – There will be no access to the grounds or camping area until the official event opening time of 9am, Friday the 5th of Oct. All gates will be chained and locked to the public until this time.
‘Top Camp’ - In 2012 Top Camp will be mapped out and fenced into structured isles making access easier for campers and making it simpler for people to move there vehicles between their camp site and the event arena. A second Male/Female toilet and shower block should be completed by this stage within the confines of ‘Top Camp’, this is to function along side the current toilet and shower block situated near the main festivities within the event arena.
‘Bottom Camp’ – We have moved ‘Siberia’ a lot closer to the action in 2012, it will now begin just on the other side of the ‘Dirt Drag’ start line, there will be a Male/Female combined toilet and shower semi trailer close by with all the works like hot water which is a must for ‘Chopped’.
Location and Directions
- 1. Take the Calder Fwy from Melbourne (follow approx 95km)
- 2. Take the Castlemaine exit, Pyrenees Hwy (follow approx 13km)
- 3. Turn left at the Midland Hwy, in the centre of Castlemaine (follow 1.2km)
- 4. Turn right at the Pyrenees Hwy, signed Newstead (follow approx 14km)
- 5. Once in Newstead, follow the Chopped signage to the Newstead Racecourse
PHONERyan 0400 103 590
or Kyle 0409 588 006
ADDRESSChopped Rod and Custom
27 Lyons Street